Cassava Cake Recipe. Here’s a great Cassava Cake recipe by Emiansbakery.com. Learn how to make Cassava Cake by watching this video. Cassava Cake is one of the Philippines most popular desserts.
It combines eggs, condensed milk and coconut then baked until you see a golden brown top. Follow the Cassava Cake recipe below to learn how to make your own at home!
Cassava Cake Recipe Ingredients:
* 2 lb frozen grated cassava (you can find this in any oriental store)
* 150 grams sugar
* 3 Eggs
* 2 tbsp melted Butter
* 500 ml coconut Milk
* wilted banana leaves (optional)
* 2 egg yolks
* 60 g butter
* 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
* 250 ml coconut cream
* 1 tsp lemon extract
Cassava Cake Cooking Instructions:
Preheat oven to 190AºC or 375AºF.
How to make Cassava Cake topping:
1. Combine egg yolks, butter, condensed milk and coconut cream in a double boiler. Continue to mix until mixture thickens for about 30 – 45 minutes.
2. Add lemon extract and set aside.
How to make the Cassava cake:
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar, salt and melted butter.
2. Next, blend in grated cassava and coconut milk.
3. Prepare you baking pan with wilted banana leaves. Brush it with oil or butter.
4. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
1. Pour the topping you made earlier into the cassava cake and bake for another 20 minutes until topping caramelized or a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
2. It is best serve in warm temperature. Enjoy!